RE: Why does my insert creates so many logs?

From: Viral Desai <viral303_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:23:58 -0800

A couple of things to try ---

  1. Drop the indexes and primary key instead of disabling them. Insert the data and recreate pk.
  2. This could be due to changes in data dictionary, when you insert large number of rows in the table, new extents may be allocated or high water mark of the table would be modified. This information need to be logged. I think that the redo generated due to this should not be very large though.

Hope this helps.
Viral Desai

Author: Viral Desai
  INET: viral303_at_hotmail.com