Re: Lost ofall redo logs

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 06:28:31 -0800

There is the other expensive avenue of calling in Oracle and the DUL team. It depends on the criticality of the data. A few years ago a former dba here had the experience and it is said to have cost a mere $20K. Maybe the data is worth more than that.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 10:08:19PM -0800, Arun Chakrapanirao wrote:
> Well one I do want to make clear I have never tried to give bad advice to
> people.
> Since the user in his mail had said that he does not have a backup and does
> not have any online redo logs can you please let me know how else can he
> open the database, when he said he does not have a back it assumes that he
> does not have a os backup and also the rman backup.
> This might be the undocumented thing but this Is the only way it works
> And this had happened in one our case and the only way we could open the
> database is to force open the database in a corrupt mode take an export and
> import back into the new database.
>
> If you still think I am trying to give a bad advice well sorry that I am
> giving bad advices.

Ray Stell   stellr_at_vt.edu     (540) 231-4109     KE4TJC    28^D
Author: Ray Stell
  INET: stellr_at_cns.vt.edu