RE: _spin_count Revealed

From: Inka Bezdziecka <IBezdziecka_at_cupe.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:54:05 -0800

Well ...
although you are correct, you forgot to mention that there is a hidden table sys. fence$, leftover from the archaic time, which (table, not time) has a column drift# (Boolean) and one row. Default value is FALSE and unless changed manually to TRUE, the_centripedal_acceleration parameter works only up to 1K spin.

In addition one has to
alter session set nls_territory= western before updating fence$.

inka

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: Inka Bezdziecka