RE: log_file_sync io wait question

From: Markham, Richard <RMarkham_at_hafeleamericas.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:39:26 -0800

RE: log_file_sync io wait question

well if you have mirrored members that exist on the same disk thats an
issue, if this same disk houses the currently used datafiles that would
add to the situation.  I placed my redo on a seperate raid-1 and dropped
the member mirrors and see better stats.  I have a buffer size 1mb but
I am using 11i applications.  Also consider your log file
sizes, the larger the more it has to flush at a given time, but the
smaller the more often it has to flush.... all theses consideration above
need to be configured according to what you have available hardware-wise.

HTH

Author: Pat Howe
  INET: PHowe@verisign.com

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services

Author: Markham, Richard
  INET: RMarkham_at_hafeleamericas.com