"Regular table" to Object table insert

From: Daniel Garant <danielg_at_conceptis.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:30:52 -0800

"Regular table" to Object table insert

Greetings,

I'm currentlying prototyping different data model using Object Oriented facilities provided with 9i and I did hit a wall. I hope one of you guys can
make that wall crumble.

I have a data model which is exactly mapped to the Object Model. In fact I
have created TYPE for each of the object and I have a few tables holding the
info. I was successful at inserting, updating, selecting and deleting data
in those tables, but I can't find a way to insert into a table based on TYPE
with data selected from a regular (column only, no object) table.

Enough words, here's the situation:

Table webusers
create table webusers (
currentUser WebUser,
relatedPerson ref Person scope is persons );

Table saveTest
create table saveTest as
select

wus.CURRENTUSER.PRIMARYKEY CURRENTUSER_PRIMARYKEY,
wus.CURRENTUSER.CREATIONDATE CURRENTUSER_CREATIONDATE,
wus.CURRENTUSER.MODIFICATIONDATE CURRENTUSER_MODIFICATIONDATE,
wus.CURRENTUSER.CREATEDBY CURRENTUSER_CREATEDBY,
wus.CURRENTUSER.MODIFIEDBY CURRENTUSER_MODIFIEDBY,
wus.CURRENTUSER.VERSION CURRENTUSER_VERSION,
wus.CURRENTUSER.USERNAME CURRENTUSER_USERNAME,
wus.CURRENTUSER.PASSWORD CURRENTUSER_PASSWORD,
wus.relatedperson.PRIMARYKEY relatedperson_PRIMARYKEY,
wus.relatedperson.CREATIONDATE relatedperson_CREATIONDATE,
wus.relatedperson.MODIFICATIONDATE relatedperson_MODIFICATIONDATE,
wus.relatedperson.CREATEDBY relatedperson_CREATEDBY,
wus.relatedperson.MODIFIEDBY relatedperson_MODIFIEDBY,
wus.relatedperson.VERSION relatedperson_VERSION,
wus.relatedperson.firstname relatedperson_firstname,
wus.relatedperson.lastname relatedperson_lastname,
wus.relatedperson.title relatedperson_title,
wus.relatedperson.birthdate relatedperson_birthdate,
padr.primarykey padr_primarykey,
padr.creationdate padr_creationdate,
padr.modificationdate padr_modificationdate,
padr.createdby padr_createdby,
padr.modifiedby padr_modifiedby,
padr.version padr_version,
padr.street padr_street,
padr.zipcode padr_zipcode,
padr.phonenumber padr_phonenumber,

padr.faxnumber padr_faxnumber,
padr.city padr_city
from webusers wus,
table(wus.relatedperson.personaddresses) (+) padr;

I can't find a way to insert in webusers what I select from saveTest. Any
idea? Thanks.

Author: Daniel Garant
  INET: danielg_at_conceptis.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 18 2002 - 14:30:52 CDT