Re: rman

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:03:36 -0800

If you name the clone the same name as the db being cloned, then rman won't change the dbid. After the clone is recovered, you just change the name to something else. Also I found that if you try to go back to a prior set of backupsets you will create the DBID problem too. I always use the latest backupsets and rename the clone to something other than the target. I am not sure this was what you are looking for but...

HTH,Ruth
Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 18 2002 - 14:03:36 CDT