Is it possible to use NET 8i client with oracle 6 development too

From: Baswannappa, Shiva <SXBaswan_at_dcss.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:43:28 -0800

Hi Every one

I have been struggling with installing net8i client with the development tools viz. reports builder "Report Builder 6.0.5.28.0", and forms builder "Forms [32 Bit] Version 6.0.5.0.2 (Production)". I use PLSQL Developer from all round automation as an aid to development. Their new version 5.0.1.480 provides facility to handle nested objects which we use extensively. This tool works great when I use with oracle 8i development tools, but crashes when I access nested objects using net 8 client.

My environment has to be developer 6 tools as all my business clients have developer 6 in controlled environment.

I would appreciate if someone could provide insight into installing net8i client to work with developer 6 tools OR provide steps to upgrade net8 client to net8i client

Many thanks in  advance

Regards

Shiva Baswannappa

Author: Baswannappa, Shiva