RE: RMAN restore to another node

From: Mike Killough <mwkillough_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:48:27 -0800

You are allocating an auxilliary channel?

connect catalog rman/manager_at_rcat
connect target system/manager_at_db1
connect auxiliary "system/manager as sysdba"

run {
set until time '17-SEP-2002 08:30:39';
allocate auxiliary channel disk1 type disk;

set newname for datafile 1 to '/ot2_01/oradata/db1/system01.dbf';
set newname for datafile 2 to '/ot2_01/oradata/db1/undotbs01.dbf';
set newname for datafile 3 to '/ot2_01/oradata/db1/drsys01.dbf';
set newname for datafile 70 to '/ot2_01/oradata/db1/users01.dbf'; duplicate target database to db2
logfile '/ot2_01/oradata/db2/redo01.log' size 100M,
'/ot2_01/oradata/db2/redo02.log' size 100M,
'/ot2_01/oradata/db2/redo03.log' size 100M;
}

Author: Mike Killough
  INET: mwkillough_at_hotmail.com