RE: RMAN restore to another node

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 06:43:24 -0800

Johnson

   From what I read of your trace file, the channels are being released, presumably just before you need them. Do you have that explicitly coded in your RMAN recovery script, or are they being released for another reason. My immediate response is that maybe the problem lies in why those channels are being released. Can you move your channel commands after the SET NEWNAME commands?

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com <mailto:dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com>

Author: Johnson Poovathummoottil
  INET: joni_65_at_yahoo.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 17 2002 - 09:43:24 CDT