8.1.7 Apache core dumps after IP address switch - HELP!

From: Bruce A. Bergman <bruceb_at_fatcity.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 02:13:23 -0800

Okay gurus, help me out here! I've exhausted all my knowledge base on this issue and it's got me stumped.

I had to change the IP address of my Oracle 8.1.7 server, which had been running perfectly up until this moment. It runs the stock Apache w/JServ and mod_plsql. After the IP address switch, Apache now core dumps on starting. The JServ components briefly raise their head, but them zombie out quickly (presumably because the web server isn't alive).

I've verified I can see both LAN and WAN. I have a valid default gateway route. The only lines I changed in my httpd.conf file were the ones relating to <VirtualHost> sections, and then only to change the IP address. Oracle itself is running fine, as is the listener. It's only Apache that won't start at this point.

Ideas?? Help! :-)

thanks,
bruce

Author: Bruce A. Bergman
  INET: bruceb_at_fatcity.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Sep 16 2002 - 05:13:23 CDT