RE: Recover an unrecoverable database

From: Fink, Dan <Dan.Fink_at_mdx.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 07:13:26 -0800

Thanks to all who replied. Although it did not ultimately help in recovering the db, it has been very educational.

After trying many approaches, the database would not open. The last little bit of research indicates that the ORA-00600 error has to do with the system being unable to make absolute and relative file numbers. I am taking this as a corruption in the data dictionary and pronouncing Last Rites on the db. I hate to give up, but there are too many other issues to deal with...

The lesson from all this...(for those who know me you've heard this many times before)...the only method of verifying a backup is to perform a successful recovery.

Dan

Author: Binley Lim
  INET: Binley.Lim_at_ird.govt.nz

Author: Fink, Dan