killing nohup processes

From: kommareddy sreenivasa <kommacnu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:03:20 -0800

Hello all,

solaris: 2.8

there is a strange problem with nohup compress in unix.

I am trying to compress all my export dmp files with nohup compress *.dmp &

But later I realized and not to do that and grep the process and killed it.

But the system is skipping compression of the current file and moving to next file for compression.

is there a way to kill the whole process (submitted with nohup)

thanks and regards,
srinivas

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

Author: kommareddy sreenivasa
  INET: kommacnu_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Sep 13 2002 - 06:03:20 CDT