Re: Misinformation Ranting

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:23:20 -0800

Bad as your experience is, be grateful you weren't confronted with this beauty in the one-world of JD Edwards:

>> At XXXXXXXX they're having wonderful problems. But what
>> really started this is a detail from their recommendations that you
>> missed last year: in there they suggest that you count the number
>> of disk drives in your system and multiply by the rpm count. The
>> result should then be used to set "_spin_count". So if you have 5
>> disks and they do 10000 rpm (each :) ), then "_spin_count" should
>> be set to 50000

The mind reels...

...after all, what else could a parameter named "_spin_count" possibly represent? :-)

As for me, I'm seeking out JD Edwards databases to tune...(yee haw!)...there's gotta be gold in them thar hills!

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com