Re: generate insert statement ???

From: <G.Plivna_at_itsystems.lv>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:40:58 +0300

Look into
http://www.itsystems.lv/gints/dba_selects.htm#s21

It seems exactly what You need

Gints Plivna
IT Sist=E7mas, Mer=EDe=EFa 13, LV1050 R=EEga http://www.itsystems.lv/gints/

                                                                       =

=20
Janet Linsy =
=20
<janetlinsy_at_yahoo To: Multiple recip= ients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> =20 .com> cc: =
=20
Sent by: Subject: generate inser= t statement ??? =20 root_at_fatcity.com =
=20
=
=20
=
=20
2002.09.11 01:12 =
=20
Please respond to =
=20
ORACLE-L =
=20
=
=20
=
=20

Hi all,

I need to generate insert statements for a given table. For example ACCOUNTING_TRANSACTION_TYPE table has 300 rows, and I need to generate a sql like the following:

INSERT INTO ACCOUNTING_TRANSACTION_TYPE

             (ACCT_TRAN_TYP_CD,
             ACCT_TRAN_TYP_NM,
             GL_ACCT_TYP_CD,
             ACCT_TRAN_TYP_GL_IND,
             ACCT_TRAN_TYP_VOID_IND)
VALUES
             ('wrtn_prem',
             'Written Premium',
             '109200_401600',
             'y',
             'n');

.... insert blocks for the rest rows

Are there any easy way to handle this? Thank you in advance!

Janet

Yahoo! - We Remember
9-11: A tribute to the more than 3,000 lives lost http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute
Author: Janet Linsy