RE: View Locks

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:10:01 -0400

How are you going to kill another session without a DBA role? A command like "grant alter system to public" would certainly do the trick, but that would create a whole lot of new DBA's and I'm not an amiable social butterfly. I prefer to be one and only DBA responsible for the database. One DBA to rule them all, one DBA to find bugs one DBA to kill sessions in the system room where the shadows lie.