Re: FW: Problem upgrading Oracle 8.1.7 on MS2000

From: Mohammed Shakir <mshakir08816_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:44:55 -0700 (PDT)

Check Services window. Make sure no services are running that start with 'ora'.

Start -> Control Panel -> Admin Tools(?) -> Services

I am not on Win2K, so I am having problem giving you the right direction to get into services window.

I have upgraded win2K to 8.1.7.3 but mostly on NT to 8.1.7.4 with no problem. I also missed one of the services once and got the same message.

Regards,

Shakir
--- Jack van Zanen <nlzanen1_at_EY.NL> wrote:
> sqlplus session?
> another app using OCI/ODBC/Net80?
>
> Restart windows with all Oracle stuff manual may do the trick
>
> Jack
>

> "Smith, Ron L."
>
> <rlsmith_at_kmg.com> To: Multiple
> recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> Sent by: cc: (bcc: Jack
> van Zanen/nlzanen1/External/MEY/NL)
> root_at_fatcity.com Subject: FW: Problem
> upgrading Oracle 8.1.7 on MS2000
>

> 11-09-2002 16:03
>
> Please respond to
>
> ORACLE-L
>

> I am trying to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 on MS2000 to patchset 8.1.7.4.1.
> keep
> getting a message that says a component
> that the installer needs to update is busy. It would be too easy to
> tell
> me
> what it is. I have stopped everything
> related to Oracle but I still get the message. Can anyone tell me
> what
> else
> I should stop? Is there a log file
> that tells me what it is trying to do?
>
> Thanks!
> R. Smith
> Author: Smith, Ron L.
> INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

> San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing
> Lists

> De informatie verzonden in dit e-mailbericht is vertrouwelijk en is
> uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Openbaarmaking,
> vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of verstrekking van deze
> informatie aan
> derden is, behoudens voorafgaande schriftelijke toestemming van Ernst
> &
> Young, niet toegestaan. Ernst & Young staat niet in voor de juiste en
> volledige overbrenging van de inhoud van een verzonden e-mailbericht,
> noch
> voor tijdige ontvangst daarvan. Ernst & Young kan niet garanderen dat
> een
> verzonden e-mailbericht vrij is van virussen, noch dat
> e-mailberichten
> worden overgebracht zonder inbreuk of tussenkomst van onbevoegde
> derden.
>
> Indien bovenstaand e-mailbericht niet aan u is gericht, verzoeken wij
> vriendelijk doch dringend het e-mailbericht te retourneren aan de
> verzender
> en het origineel en eventuele kopieën te verwijderen en te
> vernietigen.
>
> Ernst & Young hanteert bij de uitoefening van haar werkzaamheden
> algemene
> voorwaarden, waarin een beperking van aansprakelijkheid is opgenomen.
> De
> algemene voorwaarden worden u op verzoek kosteloos toegezonden.
> The information contained in this communication is confidential and
> is
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
> addressed. You should not copy, disclose or distribute this
> [...]

Mohammed Shakir
CompuSoft, Inc.
11 Heather Way
East Brunswick, NJ 08816-2825
(732) 672-0464 (Cell)
(732) 257-6001 (Home) Received on Wed Sep 11 2002 - 13:44:55 CDT