RE: SYSDBA privilege with ORAPWD utility

From: GL2Z/ INF DBA BENLATRECHE <kbenlatreche_at_lth.sonatrach.dz>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:28:00 -0000

Hi Chetan,

   May be the SID is not set correctly.
 =20
   SET ORACLE_SID =3D yoursid

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Chindarkar,Chetan [mailto:Chetan_Chindarkar_at_Syntelinc.com] Envoy=E9 : mercredi 11 septembre 2002 12:38 =C0 : Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Objet : SYSDBA privilege with ORAPWD utility

Hi List ,

I have Oracle 8.1.5 server on Win 2K machine.=20

When I try to connect as SYSDBA using SYS account from a remote machine = it
says "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied". Then I = created a
password file using ORAPWD utility and granted SYS and WIP (a newly = created
schema) the SYSDBA privilege. I also ensured that = REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE
is set to TRUE, but still I can not connect as SYSDBA.

Following are the steps which I took.

Step 1. Created a password file as followed :

	D:\Oracle\Ora815\BIN>cd ..\dbs
	D:\Oracle\Ora815\DBS>orapwd file=3Dorapwsb815 password=3Doracle8i
entries=3D30

Step 2. Grant SYS user the SYSDBA privilege by the following method

        D:\Oracle\Ora815\DBS>svrmgrl

        Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production

        (c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

	Oracle8i Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production
	With the Java option
	PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production

	SVRMGR> connect internal
	Password:
	Connected.
	SVRMGR> grant SYSDBA to SYS;
	Statement processed.

	SVRMGR> select * from v$pwfile_users ;
	USERNAME                       SYSDB SYSOP
	------------------------------ ----- -----
	INTERNAL                       TRUE  TRUE
	SYS                            TRUE  TRUE
	2 rows selected.

Pls help me if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Chetan
--=20

--=20

Author: Chindarkar,Chetan
  INET: Chetan_Chindarkar_at_Syntelinc.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Wed Sep 11 2002 - 08:28:00 CDT