RE: Oracle Version on Unix

From: Ji, Richard <Richard.Ji_at_MobileSpring.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:33:37 -0400

There are couple of methods to determine it. One is when you login as sqlplus, it will show the word "64 bit" in the banner.

Or if you do "file $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle" oracle: ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

It shows whether is a 32bit or 64bit executable.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us