RE: ORA-04031

From: Baker, Barbara <bbaker_at_denvernewspaperagency.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:45:00 -0600

Seema:
I faced this problem a couple of months back. The combination of increasing the SGA and reducing the hash_area_size from 20 megs to 4 megs helped me out. Also, I am running MTS and I had not configured the large pool. Configuring large pool made a huge difference.

I'm appending clips from Raj and Tim. There's some explanation of why reducing hash_area_size might help.

Do you have the full text from the error message? This might help us also.

Good luck! Received on Wed Sep 11 2002 - 16:45:00 CDT