RE: RBO/CBO question

From: <Rick_Cale_at_teamhealth.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:09:30 -0400

Kirti,

If performance is an issue you could probably convert this routine to using BULK BINDS and COLLECTS.

Rick

                    "Deshpande, Kirti"
                    <kirti.deshpande_at_ve       To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    rizon.com>                cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     RE: RBO/CBO question
                    root_at_fatcity.com

                    09/11/2002 04:18 PM
                    Please respond to
                    ORACLE-L

Dennis,
Thanks for the code. If it were my process & database, I would have done it the same way :)

The Vendor app dynamically generates and runs the COPY commands. I can not control the generation part of it as it is a vendor supplied tool.

I might be able to convince the responsible DBA of this system to consider a
logon trigger to change optimizer_goal for sessions initiated by a particular user id and use that id to run the COPY commands. Other than that I am out of ideas.

Thanks again.

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L Received on Wed Sep 11 2002 - 15:09:30 CDT