Need Oracle education material

From: <v.schoen_at_inplan.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:24:39 +0200

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C259AF.B9F427D0

Hi List,

I have to make a Oracle training for some sysadmins, which want to administrate a Oracle database. The have neither database nor oracle specific knowledge. The main focus in this training should be, make them fit for recovering a oracle database (I know sounds like a nice joke). I have two days to train them in oracle fundamentals. What I like to show them is the structure of a oracle database (internal like SGA, PGA... and external OFA). After that I want to explain them the oracle backup and recovery concept, but only cold backup cause they use this method. Then I want to explain them some typical crash / recovery scenarios (only for Windows systems, cause their database runs on W2K). On the second day I will create some crashes, so that they have to recover the database.

So, what I want to know is, is there someone on the list, who has a short documentation for such a training environment, or has some links where I can get somethng like this. Oracle documentation and training documents are a little bit to voluminous.

Any help is welcome.

Regards

Volker Schoen
E-Mail: v.schoen_at_inplan.de <mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de> http://www.inplan.de <http://www.inplan.de>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C259AF.B9F427D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Need Oracle education material</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Hi List,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">I have to make a Oracle training for some =
sysadmins, which want to administrate a Oracle database. The have = neither database nor oracle specific knowledge. The main focus in this = training should be, make them fit for recovering a oracle database (I = know sounds like a nice joke). I have two days to train them in oracle = fundamentals. What I like to show them is the structure of a oracle = database (internal like SGA, PGA... and external OFA). After that I = want to explain them the oracle backup and recovery concept, but only = cold backup cause they use this method. Then I want to explain them = some typical crash / recovery scenarios (only for Windows systems, = cause their database runs on W2K). On the second day I will create some = crashes, so that they have to recover the database.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">So, what I want to know is, is there someone on =
the list, who has a short documentation for such a training = environment, or has some links where I can get somethng like this. = Oracle documentation and training documents are a little bit to = voluminous.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Any help is welcome.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial">Regards</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial">Volker Schoen</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial">E-Mail:</FONT> <A =
HREF=3D"mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de"><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" = FACE=3D"Arial">v.schoen_at_inplan.de</FONT></U></A>
<BR><A HREF=3D"http://www.inplan.de"><U></U><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" =
FACE=3D"Arial">http://www.inplan.de</FONT></U></A> Received on Wed Sep 11 2002 - 11:24:39 CDT