Rerunning CSSCAN character set scan utility on same database

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:45:58 -0500

With the end-goal of doing a character set conversion from US7ASCII to UTF8, I have run csminst.sql to create work tables and then run the CSSCAN utility from rdbms/admin on my test database.

We have written a C program to identify and alter exceptional characters identified by the CSSCAN utility to valid US7ASCII characters. I then reran csminst.sql and reran CSSCAN utility. Exactly the same number of exceptions were identified by the rescan as were identified in the original character set scan. Either I am missing a step or the C program is not actually replacing the bad characters.

Anyone know of some step I need to take to clear out my work files before I rerun the character set scan? I don't see anything in the Notes on Metalink for rerunning csscan on the same database? Received on Tue Sep 10 2002 - 14:45:58 CDT