RE: OPS Sequences: nocache == order ??

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 07:18:19 -0800

As I said I didn't verify his figures nor confirm he understands what constitutes a transaction. I'll endeavor to do so. The system collects data from monitors measuring the "health" of various test accelerator equipment. The telemetry is buffered before being inserted so that multiple readings could be pushed to the database as a single transaction which buoys Anjo's thought that 13,000 rows per second are being inserted not 13,000 tps.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_SLAC.STANFORD.edu

Author: Anjo Kolk