Re: General Replication question

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 08:48:29 -0800

Hello Ed

We are using replication for one application, Dealing room. This is synchronous replication between 2 computers sitting in the same room connected by dedicated cable. The target is to have up to date second database in case of machine failure.

I got lost quickly in the manual and finally did the right thing. Called Oracle support and paid for in site consulting. The guy came over and after 6-7 hours had a script that generate replication for a schema.

I put it in production about 1 year ago and no problems since.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il