RE: Inserts are taking time !

From: Naveen Nahata <naveen_nahata_at_mindtree.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 23:18:18 -0800

Marul, what i fail to understand is:

Are you running a batch job of inserting 350,000 inserts?

If that is the case then you should go for dropping and recreating the indexes. Can you partition the table and use local partitioned indexes?

Can't you try the option of inserting in parallel?

Did you try disabling the constraints and then ENABLE NOVALIDATE them(that will only work if you r sure of the data)?

Naveen

Author: Marul Mehta
  INET: marul_at_zycus.com

Author: Naveen Nahata