Re: Inserts are taking time !

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 00:03:21 -0800

Yep and you have given the answer yourself. It is the number of indexes. I think that if the number of records increase the number of levels increase and slowly but surely you need to update more and more blocks. I have done sone tests (an oher people I am sure) that show that there is an expontial increase in the amount of undo and redo generated for every index that gets added into the mix.

You will probably see an increase in CPU time (assuming that you are the only process/session on the system).

Anjo.

Author: Anjo Kolk
  INET: anjo_at_oraperf.com