RE: automatic segment space management

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:38:38 -0800

So, proper LMT means no LBE? ;) Great analogy! All the head-spinning and the green projectile vomiting and such...

BTW, yes that is a good paper. I've read it and am trying to deal with the extent sizes as it applies to our DB, as only about two dozen of the 800+ tables are larger than 128MB and none are larger than 4GB. So, either I consider making the Large LMTs smaller, or maybe our li'l 25GB DB doesn't need a "Papa Bear".

Or maybe I just need to get used to the idea of having more than a couple hundred extents... :)

Thanks!

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com