Re: ArcServe 2000 Agent for Oracle

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:23:25 -0800

The ArcServe agent has a tendency to login to your database and never logout, eventually eating up all your processes or logins if you don't keep an eye on it.

It also tries to backup TEMPORARY tablespaces by putting them in backup mode, generating an ORA-3217 in the process.

FYI: We're replacing it this month with Veritas Net Backup.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com