RE: Index hints?

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 18:18:19 -0800

There is nothing wrong in having a comma in a hint:

SQL> create table test_hint ( c1 number not null , c2 number);

Table created.

SQL>
SQL> create index testix1 on test_hint (c1);

Index created.

SQL>
SQL> set autotrace on explain;
SQL>
SQL> select * from test_hint a;

no rows selected

Execution Plan

   0 SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE    1 0 TABLE ACCESS (FULL) OF 'TEST_HINT' SQL>
SQL> select /*+ index(a,testix1) */ * from test_hint a;

no rows selected

Execution Plan

   0      SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE (Cost=826 Card=164 Bytes=4
          264)

   1    0   TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'TEST_HINT' (Cost=826 Car
          d=164 Bytes=4264)

   2    1     INDEX (FULL SCAN) OF 'TESTIX1' (NON-UNIQUE) (Cost=26 Car
          d=164)

Regards,

Waleed

Author: Naveen Nahata
  INET: naveen_nahata_at_mindtree.com

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Sep 01 2002 - 21:18:19 CDT