Table Locks

From: Alan Davey <adavey_at_competitrack.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:44:01 -0800

Hi All,

I've noticed some locks on various tables and I'm trying to figure out which DML statements are causing the locks. In this example, the lock isn't being released because the developer forgot to include a commit/rollback.

If I look at v$session which is causing the lock and query v$sqlarea with the values in sql_address and prev_sql_addr, I only see select statements that were issued after the DML (in this case a delete). I can query v$sqlarea with the locked table name and find the delete statement, but how do I link this back to the sid that issued it? Also, what if there had been multiple DML statements by this user, how would I know which was the first/last one executed?

I'm RTFMing, but so far no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
--

Alan Davey
adavey_at_competitrack.com

Author: Alan Davey
  INET: adavey_at_competitrack.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 29 2002 - 15:44:01 CDT