Re: Any do's and dont's for a 9i oracle installation on RedHat

From: Alexandre Gorbatchev <alexandre.gorbatchev_at_avermann.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:58:18 -0800

www.suse.com/oracle
Although it's not Red Hat, they have pretty good instructions and tricks for Oracle Installation, many of which are applicable to RH as well.

Alexandre

> in case you run into troubles with make consult the RH hompages and refer
to the notes for oracle 9 RH server 2.1. These hints/tips work for the distribution of RH 7.0,7.1,7.2,7.3 as well. We have Oracle rdbms 9.2.0 Enterprise edition and OID and IAS on RH 7.2 and RH 7.3. there shouldn't be any problems with the installation. In production we use these Oracle products on Sun sparc 5.8 (4 machines) and on Compaque machines (W2K) - the w2k installations are terminal.

Author: Alexandre Gorbatchev
  INET: alexandre.gorbatchev_at_avermann.de