RE: Unix scripting need help

From: <Brian_P_MacLean_at_efunds.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:23:36 -0800

The few, the proud, the brave.

>From what I've seen of newer admins, developers and dba's in the last few
years, most barely know any scripting, unix or nt.....sad state of affairs isn't it.

So when ya do run into someone that knows a shell or perl well, give them a hug and always say nice things to them.

                      "Ron Thomas"
                      <rthomas_at_hypercom        To:       Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      .com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  RE: Unix scripting need help
                      root_at_fatcity.com

                      08/26/02 05:23 PM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

>Blimey! Doesn't anyone know korn shell out there any more.

AMEN! Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas_at_hypercom.com
If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law. -- Roy Santoro

                      root_at_fatcity.com

                                               To:
ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
                      08/26/02 02:41 PM        cc:

                      Please respond to        Subject:  RE: Unix scripting
need help
                      ORACLE-L

Blimey! Doesn't anyone know korn shell out there any more. Perl perl perl -- that's all I ever
hear anymore. It gets old... (I'm gonna have to buy Jared's book one of these days).

x=${file1%.log}
file_tag1=${x#mylogfile}

Kevin Kennedy
First Point Energy Corporation

If you take RAC out of Oracle you get OLE! What can this mean?

Author: Steven Lembark
  INET: lembark_at_wrkhors.com

Author: kkennedy
  INET: kkennedy_at_firstpoint.com