RE: Schedule Statspack Report Creation

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:48:34 -0800

Erik - Two thoughts for you.
1) If you are looking at regular collection of STATSPACK statistics, take a look at Don Burleson's book Oracle High-Performance Tuning with STATSPACK. He offers many scripts for reporting on selected STATSPACK statistics over time, rather than just point in time reports.

   The statsauto.sql script starts hourly data collection, but you can modify the parameter it uses to submit the dbms_job to collect statistics on more frequent intervals.

2) If you really need to enable the users to trigger a STATSPACK snapshot at a point in time, like the database is really dragging, you could create a small script that would log into a special username and EXECUTE STATSPACK.SNAP. I have even investigated creating a Web page with Java code where they could just click on a button to trigger the STATSPACK snapshot.

Author: Erik Williams
  INET: ewilliams_at_brownco.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 28 2002 - 14:48:34 CDT