Re: PL/SQL Editor

From: Ramon E. Estevez <com.banilejas_at_codetel.net.do>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 06:53:25 -0800

Take a look to TORA, I prefer it over Toad and has a free version too.

Ramon

we're currently looking into this, too

Our developers like TOAD, but the licensing cost is pretty steep - $700 a pop for the most pared down version. Quest was willing to offer us a one-time half-price offer, but for the 50 users we were considering it still comes out to over $15,000.

PL/SQL Developer does basically everything TOAD does (that our developers do, at least) - explain plans, autotrace, stats, etc. - but with a price cap of $3,000 for unlimited user license it's very attractive. Their email support is pretty good, too - never wait more than a few hours for a response, usually by the same guy. All in all pretty good bang for the buck, and we'll probably end up purchasing it this week or next.

I've also looked at Embarcadero's Rapid SQL, which I personally prefer over all the others, but the price is in the same league as TOAD. BMC has product that I haven't really looked into, but I think pricewise it's up there.

One note about the Freeware version of TOAD - it has some internal thing that limits it to 5 concurrent connections to the same db, which is a problem for us in a dev shop.

-bill

De: root_at_fatcity.com [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]En nombre de Ofer Harel Enviado el: miércoles, 28 de agosto de 2002 9:13 Para: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Asunto: RE: PL/SQL Editor

Try free Toad at http://www.toadsoft.com/downld.html

regards

Ofer Harel
DBA team
Barak ITC
oharel_at_barak013.net.il

Author: Juan Miranda
  INET: j.miranda_at_sermatica.es

Author: Magaliff, Bill
  INET: Bill.Magaliff_at_lendware.com

Author: Ramon E. Estevez
  INET: com.banilejas_at_codetel.net.do

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 28 2002 - 09:53:25 CDT