Re: password aging and expiration in oracle 8.1.7

From: Philip Douglass <philipd_at_sirs.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 05:53:31 -0800

RE: How to notify the password expiration in oracle?The 8.7.1 SQL*Plus does not handle ORA-28002 warnings when connecting to an 8.1.7 database account that is in the grace period (dba_users.account_status = 'EXPIRED(GRACE)'). It is listed as BUG# 1326865 on MetaLink, with a patchset available for various OS platforms. Including mine! (I almost never get bug fixes on UnixWare 7). I also found that some third party software had the same bug while others didn't (like TOAD).
--

Philip Douglass
Internet Networking Group

  Hi All,

  I am trying to implement the password aging and expiration. The password for some of the users have expired on August 23, 2002. When I try to login it does not give any warning. Only thing I observed that the account_status was changed from OPEN to EXPIRED(GRACE) during my first attempt to login.

  Could any of you explain me, why the warning message is not appearing when I attempt to login during the grace period.   Am I missing something. Following email from Richard explains how should it work.

  Thanks,
  Ashoke

Author: Philip Douglass
  INET: philipd_at_sirs.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 28 2002 - 08:53:31 CDT