Export Mystery

From: Miller, Karalyn <karalyn.miller_at_marconi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:15:37 -0800

Could someone please tell me where the export utility gets the information it uses to
construct the DDL it writes to the dump file?

The reason I ask is that I exported a set of schema objects, including triggers, indexes
and constraints, and discovered that the dump file has DDL for a table and an index that
are not listed in any of the "standard" dictionary views (DBA_TABLES, DBA_OBJECTS,
DBA_SEGMENTS, DBA_INDEXES). I also searched the SYS.OBJ$ base table.

There is nothing special about the DDL--the table is not IOT or nested--and there are no
other references to it in the dump file aside from the CREATE INDEX and a few GRANT SELECT
statements.

The export log lists the table as being exported with 0 rows.

My system is Oracle 8.1.6 on HP-UX.

I would like to know which base tables export reads so that (maybe) I can figure out why
the table and index exist in the murky depths of the dictionary but not in the views. Thanks
in advance for any information you can pass along.

Kay Miller
Baffled Oracle Rookie

Author: Miller, Karalyn
  INET: karalyn.miller_at_marconi.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 22 2002 - 16:15:37 CDT