How to minimize damage done by MS Access to a database

From: Gurelei <gurelei_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:13:55 -0800

Hi all:

We have an application which is being accessed by users via MS Access. This resulted in a few instances of the table being locked up by a user not leaving MS Access properly. To clean it up we had to either kill the session or contact the user and ask him to please get the hell out. Now I'm considering moving this application to share an instance with a few other application and I'm concerned that MS Access problems can affect other applications. The scenario I'm thining of is running out of locks due to exsessive MS Access locking. Is this a valid concern and should I separate these applicatoin into a separate instance? Are there any other scenarios I should be mindful of?

thanks

Gene

Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

Author: Gurelei
  INET: gurelei_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 22 2002 - 15:13:55 CDT