Re: Oracle 9.2 Stability Feedback Requested

From: Don Granaman <granaman_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:23:19 -0800

All the bugs? Possible? Perhaps... Reality? Nope.

The crippling bugs with SMU appear (at first glance) to be fixed in 9.2, but there is no shortage of other bugs. The first one I found was with many queries against the data dictionary being 70-180 times slower! I'm running 9.2.0.1 on Linux - exclusive and RAC - but not yet production. On the 9.2.0.1 RAC nodes, I'm getting tons of trace files with CMInit warnings, but support said "Don't worry. Be happy. Its OK" Searching for patches for 9.2.0.1 on Linux, I get 22 hits. Most are related to some bug ;)

Don Granaman
[certifiable OraSaurus]

Dave - Can you post the bug number? I searched Metalink and couldn't find any matches for 9.2. Is it possible that Oracle fixed the bugs by 9.2?

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Sam Bootsma
  INET: SamB_at_cpas.com

Author: Dave Robert Clarke (daclarke)
  INET: daclarke_at_cisco.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Don Granaman
  INET: granaman_at_cox.net

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 22 2002 - 02:23:19 CDT