RE: Win2000/8.1.7.3.0/SQL

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:28:44 -0800

Jared:

I validated that there were no stats with this query:

SQL>
SQL> l
  1 select owner, trunc(last_analyzed), count(*)   2 from dba_tables
  3* group by owner, trunc(last_analyzed) SQL> /

OWNER                          TRUNC(LAS   COUNT(*)
------------------------------ --------- ----------
AURORA$JIS$UTILITY$                              14
OSE$HTTP$ADMIN                                    3
OUTLN                                             2
PERFSTAT                                         28
SIEBEL                         12-JUL-02       2357
SYS                                             219
SYSTEM                                           15

7 rows selected.

SQL> So I'm confident it's not analyzed SYS objects. But then I wondered what else Siebel may have done...so I did this...

SQL>
  1 select name, value from v$parameter   2* where name like '%opt%'
SQL> /

NAME                        VALUE
--------------------------- ----------------------------------------
optimizer_features_enable   8.1.7
optimizer_mode              RULE
optimizer_max_permutations  80000
optimizer_index_cost_adj    100
optimizer_index_caching     0

optimizer_percent_parallel 0
object_cache_optimal_size 102400

7 rows selected.

SQL> I confess to not knowing what the 'optimizer_features_enable' parameter does, so I'll have to look that up.

Thanks,
Mike

Author: Vergara, Michael (TEM)
  INET: mvergara_at_guidant.com