RE: Catalog & target db on different version & O/S

From: Adrian Roe <Adrian.Roe_at_telewest.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 05:38:22 -0800

You can get away with the catalog database being a lower version than your target databases. We run 8.0, 8.1 and 9i target databases but have an 8.1.7 catalog, inside the catalog we have RMAN80, RMAN81 and RMAN901 schemas. All works fine.

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com

Author: Pawan Dalmia
  INET: Pawan.Dalmia_at_orange.co.in

Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us

Live Life in Broadband
www.telewest.co.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.

Author: Adrian Roe
  INET: Adrian.Roe_at_telewest.co.uk