Re: how to reduce SQL*Net more data to client wait event

From: Jakob Hammer-Jakobsen <jhj_at_miracleas.com.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:34:13 -0800

Suhen,
I can't see the report your link is pointing at, but I guess that the "more-data-to-client" event is a big part of total waittime. Basically the event indicates, that the server is trying to send data to the client for a second, third.... time. Meaning that the it is sending consecutive packets of data to the client. The P2 column of the wait is the bytesize sent.
More data to client is often seen when either (or both) the server is sending a lot of data to the client, or/and the the TCP/IP packet size on the server and client is not the same. If the client and the server is on the same machine (batch etc) you could use BEQ instead of TCP/IP.
If the TCP/IP packetsize is different on the two systems (on the OS level) they should be adjusted to the same. If the the problem still occurs it might be possible to adjust the SDU-size based on the values in P2, to enable the server to get bigger but fewer packets sent.
Jakob

--

Best regards/Venlig hilsen

Jakob Hammer-Jakobsen
Miracle Australia Pty Ltd <www.miracleas.com.au>

    125 Deepwater Road
    Castle Cove
    AU - 2069 NSW
Phone: (+61 2) 9882 1099
Fax:   (+61 2) 9882 1098
Cell:  (+61)   0404146110
Email: jhj_at_miracleas.com.au

Content-Type: text/plain; name="ReadMe.txt"; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The previous attachment was filtered out by the ListGuru mailing software at fatcity.com because binary attachments are not appropriate for mailing lists. If you want a copy of the attachment which was removed, contact the sender directly and ask for it to be sent to you by private E-mail. This warning is inserted into all messages containing binary attachments which have been removed by ListGuru. If you have questions about this message, contact Postmaster_at_fatcity.com for clarification. --------------ms060106070408080809070703-- -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Jakob Hammer-Jakobsen INET: jhj_at_miracleas.com.au Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s