Re: Hot Backup using EMC /BCV splits

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:03:27 -0800

  1. "begin backup" for all tablespaces in the database
  2. you might want to add "alter system suspend" after if it's 8i and above. Then check database_status in v$instance for "SUSPENDED". It allows currently running i/o's to complete and suspends the rest. allows for a more consistent backup.
  3. Split the BCV's
  4. Sleep 5
  5. "alter system resume" to allow queued up i/o's
  6. "end backup" for all the tablespaces
  7. Mount BCVs on another machine and run them to tape.
    • Original Message ----- To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 9:58 AM

Author: Steve Perry
  INET: sperry_at_sprynet.com