RE: set sql*trace VB/Crystal

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:08:22 -0800

If you want to see the trace do the following connected to the appropriate database:
SQL> show parameters dump;

NAME                                 TYPE    VALUE
------------------------------------ ------- ------------------------------
background_core_dump                 string  partial
background_dump_dest                 string  /opt/oracle/admin/ods/bdump
core_dump_dest                       string  /opt/oracle/admin/ods/cdump
max_dump_file_size                   string  UNLIMITED
shadow_core_dump                     string  partial
user_dump_dest                       string  /opt/oracle/admin/ods/udump

I believe it is under user_dump_dest - and is constrained by the max_dump_file_size.

You will then need to use tkprof commands to format *.trc file. To check it is correct trace file can grep session id or even bit of SQL she used that would be specific to her session.

Most of the Oracle references have tkprof examples, so does metalink and cdrom with oracle doc.

Author: Baker, Barbara
  INET: bbaker_at_denvernewspaperagency.com

  INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 12 2002 - 16:08:22 CDT