SQL*Loader : How can I load the Line Feed as part of data

From: Mandal, Ashoke <ashoke.k.mandal_at_medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 06:33:21 -0800

Greetings,

We have one column in a table and this column need to store data with Line Feed, denoted by \x0d\x0a in the following row. This data comes from Sybase database. If \x0d\x0a cannot be loaded as Line Feed through the SQL*Loader then how can we do it?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Ashoke

Data file contains the following one record :

crm1d1p1|50 Hz Interval|Software Group|When the test is conducted in the Atrium, this parameter encodes to Manual Therapy 50 Hz Induction Atrial Pacing Minimum Interval and x0d0a Manual Therapy Atrial 50 Hz Induction Instruction Buffer Byte 7 and 9.\x0d\x0aWhen the test is conducted in the Ventricle, this parameter encodes to Manual Therapy 50 Hz Induction Ventricular Pacing Minimum Intervaland \x0d\x0a Manual Therapy 50 Hz Induction Instruction Buffer Byte 3 and 5.|37344||||||||1192

Sample Control File :
LOAD DATA

     INFILE param.dat "str X'0d0a'"
     BADFILE param.bad
append into TABLE param_ashoke
     TRAILING NULLCOLS

    (DEVICE CHAR(80) TERMINATED BY "|"
,PARAM CHAR(80) TERMINATED BY "|"
,PARAM_TYPE CHAR(20) TERMINATED BY "|"
,SW_NOTE CHAR(4000) TERMINATED BY "|"
,SW_NOTE_CHECKSUM CHAR(38) TERMINATED BY "|"
,FW_VAR_BASE CHAR(80) TERMINATED BY "|"
,FW_VAR_MEMBER CHAR(80) TERMINATED BY "|"
,BIT_OFFSET CHAR(38) TERMINATED BY "|"
,BIT_SIZE CHAR(38) TERMINATED BY "|"
,FW_ENCODE_DECODE CHAR(20) TERMINATED BY "|"
,BIT_LEVEL_TRANS CHAR(80) TERMINATED BY "|"
,ALIAS CHAR(80) TERMINATED BY "|"
,GLOBAL_ID CHAR(38) TERMINATED BY WHITESPACE)
Author: Mandal, Ashoke
  INET: ashoke.k.mandal_at_medtronic.com