interMedia Text

From: MCUK <ron.perrie_at_mci.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:48:18 -0800

Dear List,
We have :- Solaris SunOs 5.8, Oracle 8.1.7 I have created three databases using the dbassist tool and I included, as one of the installation options, InterMedia. Having read the installation guides (including post installation for Oracle InterMedia) and the Oracle interMedia Text - 8.1.5 Overview "Post Installation Setup" I have the following questions :- 1) Having amended the "listener.ora" and "tnsnames.ora" files I'm not sure if I have done this correctly because the "Post Installation Setup" refers to adding ONE entry (for extproc_connection_data) in the tnsnames.ora file for A database.
But I have three, so I have entered this SID specific info. three times, is this correct ?
2) Having amended the listener.ora file to contain three extra entries is this correct ?
3) I remember one of the NET8 classes I took, where the instructor insisted that we amend these files with great caution and in particular to the layout of entries. e.g. the number of spaces etc. etc. Well the new entries I added don't conform exactly to the already existing entries, here is a snip of my listener.ora file

SID_LIST_LISTENER   (SID_LIST     (SID_DESC       (SID_NAME       (ORACLE_HOME       (PROGRAM     )

(SID_DESC (GLOBAL_DBNAME (ORACLE_HOME (SID_NAME )
(SID_DESC (GLOBAL_DBNAME (ORACLE_HOME (SID_NAME )
(SID_DESC (GLOBAL_DBNAME (ORACLE_HOME (SID_NAME )
(SID_DESC (ORACLE_HOME (ENVS 7/ctx/lib) (PROGRAM )
(SID_DESC (ORACLE_HOME (ENVS 7/ctx/lib)
(PROGRAM )
(SID_DESC (ORACLE_HOME (ENVS 7/ctx/lib)
(PROGRAM )

  )
You can see that the SID_DESC entries layout are slightly different that those earlier, is this OK?

Thanks in advance, and sorry in advance if any of the above questions are dumb, but I'm a bit stuck on this!

best regards,

Ron

Author: MCUK
  INET: ron.perrie_at_mci.co.uk