RE: Is it possible to define SYSTEM storage parameter from the be

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 14:15:34 -0800

Jonny,

Why do you feel the need to do this? There are *very* few good reasons for messing around with this tablespace. I have been "DBA'ing" for a lot of years, and the only thing I have every done to the SYSTEM tablespace was :1). add an additional file and 2). extend the existing file.

I have never felt the need or desire to touch anything else.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us