RE: Checking the rebuildability of an index

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:03:28 -0800

I am no internals expert but even if the index has grown the access path should not be scanning the entire 68 meg or 30 meg for that matter. I guess what I am getting at is maybe we need to see some real data here and see what we are getting for our money. Your points are well taken and I agree, I have even probably been guilty of this myself at times :(

Ethan Post
perotdba (AIM), epost1 (Yahoo)

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 06 2002 - 17:03:28 CDT