RE: Checking the rebuildability of an index

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:23:22 -0800

Jesse,

Platform HPUX 11 Oracle ver 7.3.4.5 Application Oracle Financials 10.7

This is further to my reply to Ethan's email. Oracle Financials using hundreds of INTERFACE applications for their different modules and these serve as TRANSITORY place before moving data to their final tables. By keeping this strategy, if any data before final posting goes through this tables and if any error/short coming is found in data, it provides opportunity to correct it and then post it.

Because of this there are lot of inserts and deletes(in terms of thousands)everyday in such tables so indexes on these tables occupies a lot of space and also slowing down performance of these tables. To keep performance intact, we have to keep rebuilding indexes on such tables with regular interval and for this we don't rely on any statistics.

I hope it clarifies..
Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 11:55:26 -0800

Hi Rafiq,

Not having the pleasure of dealing with Oracle Financials, how are the 'INTERFACE' tables used? Is it a "populate, query, delete" temporary kind of table?

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
   INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: Mohammad Rafiq
  INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com