Re: IMP-00051: Direct path exported dump file contains illegal column

From: Thomas Day <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 09:39:46 -0800

Thanks to all who replied. I got another export, supposedly created exactly the same as the previous one, and everything is hunky-dorry. I have no idea what was done with the prior export to cause this problem and I probably never will --- different contract, different contractors. One of life's little mysteries.

                    chaos
                    <chaospku            To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    @163.net>            cc:
                    Sent by: root        Subject:     Re: IMP-00051: Direct path exported dump file contains
                                         illegal column length

                    08/06/2002
                    12:03 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    ORACLE-L

Thomas Day

    hi, does that table contains any unused column?      try exp it in conversional mode, or drop the unused column.

 2002-08-05 11:18:00 You wrote:
>I R'd TFM and it said to call Oracle support.
>
>Anybody have any idea how to work around this? The export is from an
8.1.6
>database on a RISC/AIX. I'm trying to import it into a 8.1.7 on Win2K
sp2.
>I've tried it with both the 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 client.
>
>TIA
>
>--
>--
>Author: Thomas Day
> INET: tday6_at_csc.com

Good luck!

            chaos
            chaospku_at_163.net

zhu chao
DBA of Eachnet.com
86-021-32174588-667

Author: chaos
  INET: chaospku_at_163.net

y筅~'"jS
+''Nu|9&''xnX"{^wij)bӡ9Q2zW߮+&j)b	bzwZOj)fzhkڵȭ(