Microsoft Txn Server / Locking issues

From: Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ) <>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:41:27 -0800

Anybody have any experience with Microsoft Txn Server? I am running into issues with a few Windows2000 servers running Microsoft Txn Servers that are connecting to my HP-UX database. There are several concurrent txns running that do a lot of inserting and data loading. Most of the time it runs okay, but 3 or 4 times a day, I get several txns stuck waiting on enqueues. I can easily see what session is holding up all the others, and it always is an apparent idle session (wait event = SQL*Net waiting from client"), that is coming from one of these windows2000 servers. Once I kill that session, all the other enqueues go away. I have taken systemstate dumps and have been working with Oracle Support, but they are starting to say that it is an App issue - and it may be, but I just can't see how an idle session can be causing 30+ sessions to wait for it. And most times, the last statement run in this idle session is a SELECT.

I have also increased my initrans for the tables and indexes and made sure the FKs are indexed.

Any ideas?

TIA John Fedock
"K" Line America, Inc.

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:

Author: Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ)

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 31 2002 - 17:41:27 CDT

Original text of this message